Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts is a research-oriented university of applied sciences in Germany. With more than 6.700 students and 700 employees in Lemgo, Detmold and Höxter it is an important part of Ostwestfalen-Lippe (OWL) as a region that is highly dynamic in various branches of science and economy. With its unique fields of study and research it is an organization that meets the highest quality standards. At the same time it is an attractive research partner.
Excellent in teaching and research
The Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts is going to fill the position of a
Scientific staff member (w/m/d)
for the project Mobile SmartFarmOWL limited to 2023/02/28 at the Sustainable Campus Höxter.
Your tasks will be in particular:
- Scientific work in research projects
- Setup and maintenance of the central project data pool
- Integration and analysis of the geospatial project data
- Analysis and integration of satellite data
- Documentation of data and analysis results
- Publication of the results
If you comply with the following requirements, we would be happy to receive your application for employment:
- A scientific course of studies with a successful final degree
- Multiyear experience in acquisition, validation, analysis and interpretation of (geospatial) environmental data. This can be proven by the participation in measurement campaigns (environmental, geo, agricultural or natural sciences) and/or PhD
- Multi-annual experience in the development of software for data analysis
- Experience in the analysis, interpretation and processing of satellite images
- Experience in the acquisition and analysis of meteorological and UAV data (desirable)
- Expert knowledge in the analysis of multi-scale data sets
- Driving licence B (desirable)
What we can offer:
- A modern professional environment, suitable for families
- The salary may be up to pay grade 13 TV-L, depending on your skills and grades
- An occupational add-on
- Internal and external staff training
- A full time job. Job sharing is possible, if the vacancy finally can be filled as a full time job.
OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts represents the principle of quality through diversity and wishes to increase the proportion of women among its scientific staff. In case of equal qualification, severely handicapped applicants will be given priority.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until 07.05.2021 only via our online form (www.th-owl.de/karriere).
For further informations, please contact Prof. Dr. Burkhard Wrenger (+49 5271 687 7515, email@example.com). You will find more informations about the project here: https://www.urbanland-owl.de/projekte/der-neue-mittelstand/smart-farm-owl/